Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Call to Love


Ryan and I had decided to try one last time for a natural born child. So far my body isn't fully cooperating (no surprise there).I'm all about having a family. I would love to be able to carry my own child.... but for the past several months I keep coming back to adoption. I feel this yearning on my heart, a Call you could say, to adopt. Every time I think about Domestic or International adoption.... I keep being pulled to International, specifically. God doesn't put anything on our hearts without a reason.

"Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me." Matthew 18:5

Please pray for us. I am not sure why I feel the way I do, but I know its in my heart. It is not an easy or cheap route to adding to our family. I think most International adoptions cost around $33,000. Parents are required to make 2 trips to the country. Each stay is about 7 days with 3-5 months in between meeting the child and then bringing the child home.

My heart breaks for each and every orphan. Some will never know the love of a family or the love from their Heavenly Father. As believers we are to be the "defenders of the fatherless", God has adopted us into his family. I feel that Ryan and I are called to do the same.

"Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless,Plead for the widow." Isaiah 1: 17


So please pray for us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment